01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Chapter 18 : ; - = : )

The truck shuddered over a pothole as Ciola began her story.
''I am guilty of murder, drug dealing, extortion, espionage, and taking candy from a baby, Erstwhile. Yes, I am a criminal. But it was all in the service of.."BOOM!"
Well, that wasn't half perplexing. Who was this BOOM and why was Ciola an employee of his?
"Ciola,"I asked interrogatively, "Who is BOOM?"
Ciola sighed. "That wasn't BOOM you moron. I didn't say BOOM it's just a boy racer is BOOM right behind us and his sub is turned BOOM really loud."
A few BOOMs later, the racer overtook us, and our sweet nothings, that were really very important somethings, resumed.
I decided to try another approach.
"Ciola, why is your brother so interested in hunting you down? Why is his name Mistral? Who are your parents? Why did I follow you all this way?"
Ciola looked a bit puzzled for a few seconds as all these questions hit her, but she gathered herself together and tried to answer as best she could. What a trooper.
"Our parents were KFC agents. Not that when we were young we knew of course, but they completed many a serious mission in their time."
"Um, Ciola, isn't Betty a girl's name? I mean, isn't KFC a restaurant? Don't you mean they were KGB agents?"
Ciola shook her head. "No, it was definitely the KFC they worked for. That restaurant business was all a front, you see. I mean, who in their right mind would sell such disgusting, nutritionally dubious chicken seriously?"
I nodded wisely. (But really I hadn't a clue what she was harping on about. Just smile and nod, just smile and nod.)
Ciola continued. "Mistral and myself both joined the agency once we turned 17 and a half. But Mistral was lured by the money, prestige and greasy chips of the evil BK, sworn enemy of the KFC. He is the traitor, you see. If I ever committed a crime, it was in direct competition against the BK. And the reason he's coming to get me? Well, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I was going to ask Ciola why SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, but the sleeping gas that Mistral had released in an attempt to stop our conversation (possibly making the SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS sound), caused me to faint.

Damn, just when the novel was getting good.

Previous chapter : : Next chapter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home